All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo. So here's a recipe for all the whingey whiners who complain that they don't know what to have for breakfast when they ditch the bread and cereal. Paleo breakfasts don't always have to be bacon and eggs you know (except why anyone has an issue with that I have no clue...) This is super simple to throw together if you've been clever and pre-cooked your sweet potato. Jazz it up with whatever you like on top and you have a super-filling, super-healthy and super-tasty Whole 30 bowl of awesome. INGREDIENTS...
- 1 small sweet potato, cooked (about 250-300g)
- 1 scoop Paleo-compliant vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- Few tablespoons nut or coconut milk (optional)
- Garnish of choice
- Either bake your sweet potato whole in skin, or peel, chop and steam until soft. Mash the flesh once cooked (this can be done the day before to save time in morning).
- To the warm mashed sweet potato, stir in the banana and protein powder.
- Add the milk as desired to the consistency you would like.
- Garnish with fruit, nuts and seeds, nut butters, tahina, whatever tickles your fancy.