We have all experienced feeling bad about taking a “rest day” from the gym thinking that it’ll reverse our progress from the hard training that we’ve been doing. We are scared we’d miss a leg day. We are all different level athletes who are aiming for different goals. A professional athlete versus a person who just works out to get fitter might have completely different training volume. Yet, regardless of one’s fitness level, our bodies still need time to recover and rebuild. Here are some good reasons to take a break from coming into the gym once every few days.
- Your muscles need to recover
- You might actually gain weight, especially fat mass
- Give yourself a mental break
- Your performance might be compromised
- Utilize your fitness and enjoy life!