All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo.
Did you know that a zucchini is technically a fruit? Mind blown. It’s the swollen ovary of the zucchini flower. Slightly off putting. Now with this new fact, I find it the perfect time to quote my mate Brian O’Driscoll when I say….”knowledge is knowing a zucchini is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad”.
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini, skin on (about 1 medium)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds to decorate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper (mine was 22cm x 11cm).
- Grate the zucchini, place in a piece of muslin or cotton tea towel and wring out all the liquid from the vegetable. Set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and combine. Add in the zucchini and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin, pushing to edges. Sprinkle on pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for approximately 55 minutes until skewer comes out clean.
- Store in fridge.
For more yummy, healthy recipes hop over to Smith St Paleo.