All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo.
Soup, soupidoop, soupidoop, soupidoopidoopidoop…if you didn’t just sing that like you were the missing member of Salt N’ Pepa then who even are you?
It’s not soup weather around these parts right now, but I love me a little fridge clean out, and this was the result. Chucked in a swede that was rolling around in the crisper and unlike the other Swede, he’s not obsessed with cheap furniture or fika, he’s just keen on delivering you flavoursome soup. What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man….
- 1 onion, large dice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Thumb-size piece of ginger, grated
- 1 celery stick, chopped roughly
- 1 swede, peeled and chopped (400g)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped (250g)
- 1/2 butternut, peeled and chopped (650g) 1200ml chicken or vegetable stock Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Sauté the onion, celery, thyme, garlic and ginger to soften.
- Add all the veg and pour in the stock.
- Add the orange zest and juice.
- Simmer until all the veg is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and blitz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Stir in the turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Serves 4-6
For more yummy, healthy recipes hop over to Smith St Paleo.