All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo.
Go shorty, its your birthday…and these are exactly what you should be making to celebrate. Or because you got a promotion. Or because you ate a whole meal in a white t-shirt without spilling something on it. Or you haven’t killed your brain cells by watching Love Island. Or that it’s Wednesday. You get the drift. Just do yourself a favour and make them.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE FILLING
- 500g fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Coconut yoghurt or coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and combine.
- Add all wet ingredients and mix well.
- Drop 8 large heaped spoonfuls of mix on a lined baking tray. You can shape them a little with a spoon to make even little mounds.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
- While they are baking, hull and quarter the strawberries.
- Add the zest and coconut sugar and stir through.
- Let macerate for half hour or so.
- Cut cooled shortcakes in half, dollop with yoghurt and spoon on the strawberries.
For more yummy, healthy recipes hop over to Smith St Paleo.