All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo.
Feeling saucy? I’ve just upped your BBQ game with the invention of this deliciousness. You know A1 sauce? Well this home-made goodness is the one worthy of such high praise, and I’m down-grading that commercial, corn syrup-laden bitch to a B2.
Don’t worry, you don’t need to restrict its use to just steak. It’s delicious on all meats and banging on your big brekky.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 small onion, cut in quarters
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 65g raisins
- 60g tomato paste
- 60g dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 25g blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Put all ingredients into a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly, then pour everything into a high speed blender and whizz until smooth.
- Pour into jar and store in fridge.
- As it cools the flavour develops, so the vinegary-ness calms down.
Makes 450 mls.
For more yummy, healthy recipes hop over to Smith St Paleo.