Screw you superfoods, I’m all about the super veg. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, cauliflower is my spirit animal. It’s like the ultimate kitchen chameleon, morphing into whatever you need to keep kicking Paleo goals. This week my Brassica bestie lends his hand at being hummus, kicking those fart-making chickpeas to the curb.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons tahina
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and spread on a roasting tray.
- Wrap the garlic cloves in a little foil and add to tray.
- Roast both for 40 minutes, tossing the cauliflower midway through cooking time.
- Chuck the roasted cauliflower and garlic into your food processor and whizz to break it down.
- Add all the other ingredients and whizz to a smooth paste.
By: Holly Purdy, InnerFight Foodie