Julia Child once said “a party without guacamole is just a meeting”. Oh wait, what? She said that about cake? Are you sure? Not the good green stuff? My bad. Well, sorry Julz, I hate to say it, but maybe that’s why you were a little on the heavy side? Less cake, more gauc!
Here’s the deal with my paleo guacamole with sweet potato chips. You’re welcome!
- 2 large ripe avocados
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Small handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Coconut oil (enough for shallow frying)
- Halve, deseed and scoop out the flesh of the avos, then mash with a fork
- Add all the other guacamole ingredients and mix together. Adjust the spice to suit you
- Next up, heat a 3cm depth of coconut oil in a deep, heavy-based pan over a medium to high heat
- Peel your potatoes and slice with a mandolin to around 3mm thick rounds
- Shallow fry the sweet potato in batches (a small handful each time) for a minute or 2 each batch. You will see them turning to light brown
- Scoop out with a slotted spoon onto paper towel and season with sea salt straight away
- Drain each batch on fresh paper towel
- Eat and enjoy!
By: Holly Purdy, InnerFight Foodie