All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo.
Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas. It’s the most awesome time of the year. But just because it’s awesome doesn’t mean you start getting all Christmassy in October. That’s just stupid. But it’s now the latter part of November which is a perfectly acceptable time to start your festive baking, like these awesome cookies. But hey, just like puppies, gingerbread is not just for Christmas, so feel free to bake these year round.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients thoroughly.
- Add salt, spices and baking soda and mix well.
- Sift in the coconut flour and combine. Mixture will be quite stiff, so make sure it’s fully incorporated.
- Drop large spoonfuls onto prepared tray and bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
For more yummy, healthy recipes hop over to Smith St Paleo.