This jam is so quick and easy to knock up, and so much better for you than the regular stuff. Jam is usually made with a 1 to 1 ratio of fruit to sugar. Seriously??? 1 to 1?? That’s just wrong.
The chia seeds help to thicken the jam, as well as adding all their awesome benefits, such as fibre, protein and Omega 3s.
- 800 grams fruit, fresh or frozen ( I used frozen strawberries)
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Place berries in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or so until fruit starts to breaks down.
- Help break it down further with a spoon or a potato masher.
- Add the honey and chia seeds and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Transfer to clean jars.
Makes approximately 4 cups of jam.
By Holly Purdy, InnerFight Foodie