All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo.
Want to know how Mr Ferrero named that brown sweet stuff? Someone asked him what was in it and he said “I’m nutelling you”. I wouldn’t tell anyone either because its full of crap that you really don’t want to eat like sugar, vegetable oil, skim milk powder and soy. I know it tastes nice, but keep hoovering that stuff and your jeans will soon be telling you to hit the breaks on your straight from the jar habit. Here’s a way healthier version for you, and it will keep your Levis quiet.
- 300g hazelnuts, skinless and toasted
- 150g date paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons date syrup (or maple syrup)
- 6 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 cup almond or hazelnut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Toast hazelnuts in pan or oven. If you’ve bought already toasted, its good to warm them in pan or oven as it speeds up the processing time.
- Whizz warm, toasted nuts in food processor until like flour.
- Add all other dry ingredients and whizz together.
- Add other ingredients. And continue whizzing until it forms a smooth nutella like paste. It might take some time depending on the strength of your processor and you’ll need to scrape down the sides a few times, but the results are worth it.
- Store in airtight jar or container in fridge for 2-3 weeks.
For more yummy, healthy recipes hop over to Smith St Paleo.