All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo.
Heeeeey macaroon-a! Wow, I must be getting tired, that’s a pretty lame dad joke if ever I’ve written one….
Now I’m not jumping on the KETO bandwagon, but I love how in a world full of calorie counters and If It Fits My Macros wank badgers, the KETO crowd are just “give me all the fat, nom nom nom!” Good healthy fat is nothing to lose your shit over. If you need a little snack in the arvo, going for a coconut-filled delight like these guys is a good option. It will satisfy you, making you eat less, and well, they’re bloody delicious.
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (zest from 2 small lemons)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to combine well. I find a rubber spatula works best, but its good to get your fingers in there to rub out any lumps of coconut butter.
- Shape little mounds with your hands or a cookie scoop, squishing mixture together so it sticks well and makes a solid macaroon. Mine were 25g each (I like things to be uniform OK!) Harden them up in the fridge for an hour or so.
- Store in a container in the fridge.
- Makes 16
For more yummy, healthy recipes hop over to Smith St Paleo.