All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo.
I’ve gone and given your little trees and smelly-wee spears a little veg-jazzle and made them next level. Nothing difficult, just a few little pantry staples sprinkled on top is all you need to make them look and taste all restauranty and get everyone a bit more interested in eating their greens.
- 400g broccolini
- Bunch of baby asparagus
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
- Few pinches dried chilli flakes
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- Heat a fry pan over low heat and dry roast the almonds. Once toasted, remove from pan and set aside.
- Zest the lemon, and set zest aside for later.
- Steam or blanch the broccolini until just cooked. Drain.
- Heat a little olive oil in the fry pan over medium heat and fry off the baby asparagus for a couple of minutes until a little charred, but still al dente. Remove from pan.
- Heat a little more of the oil, and do the same with the broccolini. When the broccolini is nicely browned in a few places put the asparagus back in the pan to heat through. Squeeze over the juice of the lemon juice and toss through the vegetables.
- Plate up the greens, sprinkle over the toasted nuts, the lemon zest and the chilli flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
For more yummy, healthy recipes hop over to Smith St Paleo.