All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo.
The 70’s wasn’t all bell bottoms and sideburns you know. It was rank food as well. This though is one of my Mum’s faves that I don’t mind giving a bit of revamp and re-introduction into my paleo-fied 2017. Looking for a crowd-pleaser at your next BBQ? This is it. Got salad dodgers in the family that freak at the sight of leaves? This might do the trick. Just want a breather from kale, I hear ya…
- 1 small head of cauliflower, riced (500g)
- 1 red capsicum, diced small
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 stalk celery, diced small
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 5 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- Cut your cauliflower into florets and pulse in your food processor to make it a rice-like texture (don’t overprocess or the cauliflower will release too much water and be mushy).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large fry pan.
- Fry off the riced cauliflower, stirring, for a few minutes until softened slightly, but still reasonably holding its shape.
- Remove from heat and spoon the cauliflower into a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- While its cooling, prep your other veg.
- Once the cauliflower is cooled, mix through all the chopped veg, sultanas and parsley.
- Sprinkle over all other ingredients and stir well, ensuring everything is coated and flavour is well distributed.
For more yummy, healthy recipes hop over to Smith St Paleo.