All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo.
Yo Queenie, I just Paleofied your chicken salad and I’m not sorry one bit. To be honest, after the dodgy car crash, the toe-sucking Fergie and the ginger Grandson that looks waaaaay too much like someone that isn’t his dad, you’ve probably got more things to worry about than what I’m doing in my little Dubai kitchen anyway. I think you’d like it though.
- 500g chicken breast
- 1/2 cup of Paleo mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam (make sure it’s Paleo compliant and fruit only)
- Juice from a lime quarter
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- Black pepper to season
- Fresh coriander leaves to mix through or garnish, optional
- First you need to poach your chicken.
- Put the chicken breasts into a saucepan so they fit snugly in one layer. Cover with water so the water level is about 1-2 centimetres above the chicken. Half cover pan with lid and place over a medium heat until water just reaches a simmer, then turn heat right down so only the occasional bubble comes to the surface. After 8 minutes, turn the heat off, cover pan fully with lid and leave to sit for another 12 minutes. Chicken should now be cooked through. Remove from water and set aside to cool down.
- Make your mayonnaise. Set aside 1/2 a cup of this deliciousness and store the remainder in the fridge for other culinary wins during the week.
- Mix your 1/2 cup of mayo with all other ingredients.
- Slice up your now cooled chicken breasts and mix through the curried mayo.
- Serve with crunchy green salad of lettuce, cucumber and celery.
For more yummy, healthy recipes hop over to Smith St Paleo.