All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo.
Coleslaw is always a welcome salad at any BBQ. It’s colourful and crunchy with a nice tangy flavour. I substituted the creamy mayonnaise with an avocado dressing, and quite frankly, I think it’s better this way!
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage (finely shredded)
- 1/4 red cabbage (finely shredded)
- 2 carrots (peeled and grated)
- Red capsicum (finely sliced)
- 3 celery sticks (finely sliced)
- 4 spring onions (finely sliced)
For the dressing…
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare all the salad veggies and toss together in a big bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar.
- Whizz your avocado in your mini food processor until smooth then whisk it into the oil and vinegar.
- Add the honey, mustard and salt and pepper, combining well.
- Pour over your salad just before serving, coating everything well.
For more yummy, healthy recipes hop over to Smith St Paleo.