All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo.
I’ve tried numerous different recipes to make my own coconut yoghurt and I call bullshit on all of them. None of them work, it’s a bloody hoax. So while it pains me to pay the same price for a tub of COYO here in Dubai as I would pay for a decent bottle of wine at home in Oz, it’s convenient and yummy.
Now Panna Cotta is a wondrous thing, but because this one is Paleo it keeps your outer arse looking good, and the gelatin will help keep your inner arse happy too. Gelatin contains an amino acid that is converted to glutamine in the body, which in turn repairs the gut lining. Dessert that’s creamy and delicious but ups your healthy microbiome game? I am here for it.
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt (I used COYO brand)
- 3 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut oil for greasing
- Mix the coconut yoghurt with the honey in a bowl and set aside.
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder into the coconut cream and vanilla in a saucepan and heat to a low simmer. Whisk gently until all the gelatin in dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour into the coconut yoghurt mixture. Stir to combine well.
- Grease 4 ramekins/moulds with some melted coconut oil.
- Pour the mixture into the greased moulds through a sieve.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours until set.
- Run ramekins under warm water to loosen puddings from edges to turn out onto plate.
NOTES – this recipe can easily be made vegan by using maple syrup as the sweetener and agar agar powder as the setting agent. Just refer to directions on your agar agar for the correct amount to use.
I used metal ramekins that you bake fondants in. They were the perfect size and panna cottas slid out easily once they were run under warm water.
For more yummy, healthy recipes hop over to Smith St Paleo.