All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo.
Chocolate and Mint go together like me & coffee, bogans & Bintang singlets, email spam & my grandmother opening it, basic bitches & a Live Laugh Love sign. Elon Musk & bullet-proof car windows? Not so much. Get baking fellow cookie monsters! Nomnomnomnomnom
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract/oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder, sifted
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
- 40g paleo-compliant chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Prepare a cooking tray with baking paper or baking mat.
- Mix together nut butter, egg, honey, peppermint, salt and baking soda until well combined. this works best with a rubber spatula.
- Mix in the cacao powder. The batter will be getting quite thick.
- Sift in the coconut flour. The mix will be getting very thick as the coconut flour is super absorbent (this is why I add it towards the end).
- Fold in the choc chips until evenly distributed.
- Scoop out 12 even spoonfuls onto tray. You can pick up and roll the batter into rough balls and flatten slightly on tray so they’re uniform.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Cool on rack. They will harden more on cooling.
For more yummy, healthy recipes hop over to Smith St Paleo.