All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo.
Yeah, yeah, I know nut butter is delicious straight from the jar, but have you tried it in cake form? Nah, neither had I until I knocked together this little beauty. It rates highly on my AF rating meter. It’s tasty AF, healthy AF and easy AF to make. So use your loaf and get baking this beauty stat.
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup date syrup (or honey or maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon, cardamom powder, ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup of flaked almonds to decorate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Grease and line a loaf tin (20cm X 10cm).
- Combine all wet ingredients together. I used a hand mixer.
- Add all dry ingredients and combine well.
- Pour into prepared tin, sprinkle on almonds if using.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour until cooked through and skewer comes out clean.
- You may want to lightly cover with foil around 40 minutes if browning too much.
- Cool in tin, then remove to cooling rack.
For more yummy, healthy recipes hop over to Smith St Paleo.