All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo.
A don’t judge a book by the cover veg, this guy is pretty uggers on the outside, but so damn delish! He makes the most awesome puree and soup, and now fabulous fries. He’s also lower in calories and carbs than both potato and sweet potato. And if you’re the sort of person that counts both carbs and calories in vegetables, I suggest you get a life.
- 1 large Celeriac
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
For the Aioli…
- 1/2 cup Paleo mayo
- 3 cloves garlic, roasted
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees Celsius.
- Peel your celeriac and cut into fries.
- Place in large bowl and drizzle over oil. Toss to coat the fries using your hands.
- Place on large lined baking tray in a single layer. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 40 minutes. You may need to shake them around a bit during cooking time.
- Wrap the garlic cloves for the aioli, skin on, in a some foil and roast along with the celeriac.
- While they are cooking, make the mayo.
- Take 1/2 cup of the mayo and mix in the lime juice, curry powder and squeeze in the roasted garlic once cooked.
For more yummy, healthy recipes hop over to Smith St Paleo.