Bozitive- Adjective (Boz-i-Tiv)

Bozitive- Adjective (Boz-i-Tiv)

To be more like Boz, or to act and respond to situations in a Boz-like manner.

Step 1. Techno

Techno music is one of the key features of any Bozitive attitude. One must use the techno to enhance ones performance in fitness and exercise. It is Bozitiveley proven that techno music not only increases focus, but also increases physical performance by up to 12%. The faster and more repetitive the techno beat, the faster you will lift…simple.

Step 2. Be Jacked and Tanned

You are far more likely to be a Bozitive person if you are both jacked and tanned. Working out for at least an hour 5-6 days a week should be enough to keep you lean, strong and healthy. If you want that extra push, try adding a 30 min arms only circuit to your training 3 days a week. Traditionally known as ‘sleeve fillers’ both bicep curls and tricep extensions can be extremely beneficial, especially for women looking to increase their strength with a barbell or gymnastics.

For the tanned part, 20 minutes of high quality vitamin D every day should do the trick. Not only is this good for bone health and fighting disease. It is also super relaxing, so stop stressing so much, grab a chair (we have some at the gym) and chill out for 20 minutes.

Step 3. Eat & drink like a Boz

Create a healthy appetite, enjoy your food. If that means eating with your hands and licking out your plate afterward – just do it! As long your diet is made out of 80% whole foods that leaves 20% to stuff up on whatever is needed to stay full happy. 

H2O is the go to drink if you want to stay hydrated during the day. Once a week the 20% will exist out of red wine or a Stella Artois.

A real Boz never drinks Heineken. 

Step 4. Dance

Probably the easiest step to being more Bozitive is just to dance! If you followed step one correctly, there should be some techno playing right now. So stand up, pump your fist and stomp your feet. You really don’t have to think too much, just move to the beat. Dancing is a great way to get a little extra cardio done in between squat sets. It will help flush some lactic acid out of your muscles and it is great for your hip and shoulder mobility.

Step 5. Smile more

The final step to having the perfect Bozitive attitude is to smile more. Life is so much better when you smile. If you smile at someone, chances are they will smile back, then everyone’s happy. Next time you walk in the gym, try it out, we promise we’ll smile back.

 

By: Carmen Bosmans, Performance Coach

 

Comments

comments