All of our awesome recipes are kindly supplied by Smith St Paleo.
Is it from Serbia? Macedonia? Croatia? Who cares, its damn delicious!
Use it on any meat, as a dip or to jazz up your eggs or veggies.
- 5 red capsicum
- 2 medium eggplant
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees celsius.
- Cut capsicums in 1/2 lengthways and remove stalk and seeds. Lay cut-side down on paper lined oven tray.
- Prick eggplants a few times with a fork and wrap garlic cloves in a small piece of foil then add them both to tray.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until capsicum skins are blistered and blackened.
- Remove from oven and set eggplants aside to cool. Pop capsicums into a large bowl and cover with cling film (this will help you remove skins).
- Once cool enough to handle, cut stalks from eggplants and peel off skin. It should come of easily. Add flesh to bowl of food processor.
- Remove skins from capsicum with your fingers. If a lot of juice has accumulated in food processor bowl from eggplant, drain it off. Add garlic and capsicum flesh and pulse a few times.
- Add all other ingredients and whizz for a 10-20 seconds to combine.
- Place in jar and keep in fridge for up to a week.
Makes 2.5 cups.
For more yummy, healthy recipes hop over to Smith St Paleo.